You don’t have to rush to the station anymore for a refund of train tickets. Now you can easily cancel the train ticket from the website of Bangladesh Railway online and do all the work of refunding the ticket money.
Please remember that a ticket is non-transferable and non-assignable.
Tickets that cannot be cancelled will have the status ‘Non-Cancelable’. If you have printed the ticket from the counter, ‘Printed from Counter’ will be displayed next to the ticket.
If you have bought a ticket online and printed that ticket from the counter, then you will not be able to refund your ticket online later.
Table of Contents
Online Refund Instructions
- Online refund is applicable for railway tickets purchased from the e-tickets website and the Rail Sheba app only.
- You can click on the refund button for the desired ticket from your purchase history, submit OTP sent to your mobile number for confirmation, and the refund process will be started.
- The refund will be disbursed within a few days.
- Please note once the OTP confirmation is sent, the booked seat(s) for the selected PNR will be released.
- If any of your online tickets are printed from the counter before the journey date they will not be eligible for a refund from the online refund system. It will be eligible for a refund from the station counters only.
Train Ticket Cancelling and Returning Process
Let’s know how to cancel the tickets purchased online and get a refund.
- Step 1: Log in to the Bangladesh Railway website with your user ID and password.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Purchase History’ from the profile. On this page, you will see the details of all the train tickets you have purchased on one screen.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Online Refund Instructions & Ticket Refund Policy’ or ‘View’ menu on the right side to view the terms and conditions related to refunds. Immediately a pop-up box containing the terms of the refund will come. Here you will see information about refunds.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Cancel Ticket’ button next to the ticket you want to cancel. A pop-up box will appear, so you can see all the information about the ticket.
- Step 5: Click on the ‘Confirm Cancellation’ button to cancel the ticket, a new pop-up box and an OTP will appear on the mobile number you provide. Otherwise, click on the ‘Go Back’ button and return to ‘Purchase History’.
- Step 6: Enter that OTP code box and click on the ‘Verify’ button. If the OTP does not arrive on your number, click on the ‘Resend OTP’ button and wait.
- Step 7: Typing the OTP correctly will bring a pop-up box that sends a message stating that the ticket has been successfully cancelled. In the purchase history, your ticket status will be changed, and ‘Refund in Progress’ will be displayed until you receive the money.
In this way, you can easily refund train tickets online.
Train Ticket Return and Refund Policy
- In case of ticket return 48 hours prior to the commencement of the journey, BDT 40 or 10% of the ticket fare, whichever is more will be deducted;
- In case of less than 48 hours and more than 24 hours, BDT 40 or 25% of the ticket fare, whichever is more will be deducted;
- In case of less than 24 hours and more than 12 hours, BDT 40 or 50% of the ticket fare, whichever is more will be deducted;
- For less than 12 hours and more than 06 hours, BDT 40 or 75% of the ticket fare, whichever is more will be deducted;
- No refund for less than 06 hours;
Service charges for online purchases are non-refundable.
Refunding in Successful Purchase
For a refund of successfully purchased tickets, the Client-Passenger must visit their respective originating station (i.e., the Departure Station from which the Client-Passenger will travel) and contact the refund counter.
Refunding in Unsuccessful Purchase
Payment Gateways will automatically refund the purchased amount by the Client-Passenger to their respective Card/Wallet within 8 (eight) working days. However, in case such a Client-Passenger does not receive a refund within 8 (eight) working days, the client Client-Passenger is requested to send a complaint email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the issue. A reply to such a Client-Passenger will be sent within 7 working days. Due to the dependency on payment service providers, it might take several days to resolve the issue.
For a refund of unsuccessful purchases and card charging issues, Client-Passenger must contact the Payment Service Provider through which s/he made the transaction.
Train Travelling Regulations
Bangladesh Railway is a national resource. Do not travel by Bangladesh Railway without purchasing a ticket. Buy train tickets while travelling and encourage others to do so. Any travelling without a valid ticket may be subject to prosecution.
For travelling with Bangladesh Railway, the passenger must have a valid ticket. No expired ticket or ticket having a future date of travel would be valid.
It is the responsibility of the Client-Passenger to check the correctness of the ticket concerning the travel date and time, destination, seat number and coach details. Wrongly purchased tickets may be replaced depending on the availability of the desired destination, seat number etc.
Disclaimer from Bangladesh Railway and Shohoz
Bangladesh Railway or Shohoz-Synesis-Vincen JV will not be held responsible for the non-issuance of tickets or delay of a refund due to errors in payment processing or any other reasons that are beyond the control of Bangladesh Railway or Shohoz-Synesis-Vincen JV. Bangladesh Railway makes no guarantee/warranty that any of the above services will be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free due to the dependencies on many Service Providers.
Except for whatever liability is admitted by Bangladesh Railway or Shohoz-Synesis-Vincen JV in these terms and conditions, neither Bangladesh Railway nor Shohoz-Synesis-Vincen JV accepts any liability of whatever nature arising out of the rail ticket or the travel.
If you are the Client-Passenger or buying the ticket on behalf of the Client-Passenger, it is required to agree with all these terms and conditions. Please read thoroughly all the terms and conditions and upon perusal, if you have understood the contents of the terms and conditions and agree to the same, please continue. Continuing to constitute a formal agreement between you and the Bangladesh Railway for the purpose of transactions on this website.
Leave a Reply